Movement

Movement

Friday, January 27, 2012

The Impact of my Action Research...

How do I continue what I have learned after I have completed my grad program? 

I have learned a lot through the program and my action research.  I have learned that using movement in the classroom is an effective way to engage students and an effective way for them to learn.  If I care about how much my students learn, which I do, I will continue to implement the strategies I have used since September, and add to them.  Using movement in the classroom can cause things to get a little crazy, but the students enjoy it and I believe they learn from it, so why not keep doing it.  I know giving the students a worksheet is an easy thing to do.  It doesn't take much creativity or thinking on my part and it is very managable, but it also doesn't produce the same results as an interactive activity.  I need to keep in mind what is in the best interest of the students.  If I can maintain that philosophy, I will continue to get better and grow as a teacher.

I want my students to learn a lot of Spanish, but I don't believe that's all that matters when they leave my class.  My hope is that they learn a lot of Spanish, but ultimately have a good experience in my classroom.  I hope they remember some of the fun activities we did and some friends they made in the class.  Movement creates lots of interaction amongst students, so learning how to build a strong community is a great thing I hope they can take away from my class.  Those are the things that impact students beyond the classroom.

No comments:

Post a Comment